Monday, January 15, 2007

All bend, no break

Yet another break is wrapping up and I have to say that it was probably one of my most productive breaks I've ever had. I stayed in touch with Denny over break, and even sent some goodies up his way for he and his wife for the holidays. I also have been following the Titans over break and have kept up to date on what they've been doing, and who they've been beating. I also have been talking with Bob Hannon over break and had the chance to have him review my Senior Project and give me some feedback as to what to do to make a more clear and concise product. I also sent Denny the link and asked him to supply feedback, but as you may or may not know, it's kind of a busy part of year for Mr. Wolfe up in Bristol.
Also, I've been working on my E-Portfolio, and making it creative and presentable to what I'm going to be putting myself toward. It's an ESPN Themed homepage that gives the audience the option of seeing my anchoring, producing/reporting, and/or writing samples. I'm also going to connect more buttons/links to it and make it look extremely professional. Because after all, if it catches somebodies eye up at the top and even intrigues them the least bit, then it gives me a chance (Having some connections doesn't hurt either.)
I've also taken a look back on last semester and realized some things I want to correct this semester. First and foremost, I'd like to involve my writing more in my segment, whether it be for more packages, or better scripts, whatever it may be, I want to start hitting "homeruns" instead of little singles or sometimes doubles. I want to be able to have people close their eyes and have a picture painted for them, as oppose to relying on video for emotion. I'd also like to focus more on some feature pieces on sports. Maybe a hard-hitting, or even a funny story or two to show off my talents. Let's see this workout before I plow down any other obstacles, and as always, I'll keep you posted...Until next time, I'm DJ Yokley


P.S. Congratulations to Jim Tressel and THE Ohio State Buckeyes on a great year, at least you beat M*ch*gan!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJ freakin Yokley....I love your new blog design! Oh my god...you've totally inspired me to re-do mine. And apparently it has also inspired me to type like a Valley Girl...weird.

1/26/2007 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home