Friday, January 26, 2007

Back to the Future...


In our first class of the semester we found new careers, old careers, dream careers, and feared careers that were amongst us all. We as a class decided to go back to the (10 year) future e-mail and revisit perhaps what we have changed and what has stayed the same over the past semester. *Warning* PERSONAL JUNK IN THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH...

Dr. Weaver,

It was so good to hear from you, I hope all is well with the ladies at home and hope the teenage years for them haven't run you down that much. Life is good here in Bristol, I've been here for 9 years now working for ESPN as a features producer on NFL Countdown and Baseball Tonight. Denny Wolfe really helped me when it came time to pick who landed the P.A. jobs here the the Worldwide Leader. We're actually really good friends now, it's nice to have that common bond of Chuck Chirozzi flashbacks. I just wanted to thank you for giving me the inspiration, the motivation, and the realization that the sports broadcasting business is a rough one, but one that I love with all my heart. Without you or Dr. Barner, who knows what the hell I'd be doing today. Luckily for me the other love in my life, my wife, has been very forgiving and understanding of the time that I'm "on the road." Speaking of my wife, she's currently pregnant with our second little person, we have a son already, his name is Trey, and I've already got him scanning the wire for breaking local news (Not really.) It's been nice talking to you, but I've got to catch a flight to the West Coast, but please stay in touch, it's been too long.

-DJ

I know it's not the most detailed description of what I'll be doing, or where I'll be at, but this is honestly where I see myself, and where I have a passion for being in 10 years, and if this comes to be, I won't be surprised in the least, because I feel it's what I'm meant to do. It may not be easy, but nothing worth while ever is! That's all for now, until next time...I'm DJ Yokley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home